“Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.”
– Barbara De Angelis
By performing random acts of kindness, we not only brighten someone else’s day but also enrich our own life. This is the ideal day if you have been meaning to do something kind for someone but have been putting it off.
❤️ See below some great ways to be kind to somebody:
- Compliment the first three people you talk to.
- Write a hand-written note to your partner or child
- Say good morning to the person next to you in the coffee shop.
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in a long time
- Pick up litter. Spend 10 minutes cleaning a park/beach or your neighbourhood.
- Place uplifting notes in library books, mirrors or on someone’s computer screen.
- Dedicate 24 hours to spreading positivity on social media.
- Surprise your neighbour/friend with some freshly cooked snacks or meal
- Go out of the way to make someone smile
- Leave a generous tip
- Give someone a genuine compliment.
- Send flowers to someone.
- Visit a dog or a cat in an animal shelter
- Donate for a good cause
- Write a positive review or recommendation for someone who provided good services for you
- Listen to someone empathetically
- Set an alarm to go off three times on World Kindness Day. When the alarm sounds, stop what you’re doing a call/text/email someone simply to tell them how awesome they are
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line
- Learn the names of your office security guard, the person at the front desk and other people you see every day. Greet them by name.
- say “hello” to strangers and smile.
- compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is
- Send a gratitude email to someone who deserves more recognition
- Write a kind message on your mirror for yourself, your partner or a family member
- When you hear that discouraging voice in your head, tell yourself something positive — you deserve kindness too
- Bring a little bit more kindness in each and every day from today onwards.
We each have the potential to improve each other’s lives through understanding and kindness. Whether it’s a friend, family member, colleague or stranger, our ability to show our humanity should have no limit. Be kind, be kind be kind.