Languages: English and Mandarin.
Cecilia Yu is originally from Taiwan and moved to Hong Kong in 2003. She has worked in multinational corporations, tech start-ups, and educational institutions throughout her career. Familiar with the challenges of working in demanding work environments and managing complex teams, Cecilia has expertise in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR is a form of psychotherapy that was developed by Dr. Francine Shapiro in the late 1980s for the treatment of traumatic memories and related psychological symptoms. You can find out more information HERE
Cecilia is passionate about providing psychological support for diverse individuals and groups to rebalance their lives towards healthy changes. She has trained to help clients with diverse needs, especially those with traumatic experiences, to learn to process their overwhelming emotions. Cecilia offers a safe and confidential space to understand the client’s struggles, and together, they will explore thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, as well as learn how to handle hardships while moving towards a richer and more meaningful life.
Each session provides emotional support but also has a mission to set treatment plans collaboratively as a team. As a Master of counselling graduate of Monash University, Cecilia uses her expertise to combine EMDR with counselling therapy methods best suited to the client’s needs. These methods include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Emotional Focus Therapy (EFT), Internal Family System Therapy (IFS), and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR).
- A free 20-minute online intro consultation is available for new clients. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Packages must be used within 12 weeks of the first booking
Education & Qualifications:
- Monash University, Australia – Master of Counselling / University of Southern California, USA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- EMDR Basic Training- Pursuing EMDRIA Certified Therapist status / Gottman Method Couples Therapy Training – Level 2 Certified
- Prepare/Enrich Premarital & Marital Assessment Facilitator / Emotion-Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) Level 1 Certificate Course
- Certified Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Specialist (ASDCS), Evergreen Certifications
- Member of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) / Member of the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Member of the Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association (HKPCA) / Member of the Hong Kong Society of Counselling and Psychology (HKSCP)
Articles by Cecilia: